Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I've created a blog

Duh-uh. But it's something I never thought I would do. Revealing thoughts without resorting to passive sentences, several edits and an external reviewer is at least a league out of my comfort zone. Yet, I'm trying to do what I hope to help my students do in the future, explore new ideas and experiences, learn by actively participating in these new experiences and re-evaluate previous conceptions. So the Techy part of this blog...I am using a new technology to explore new technologies... more to come later.

4 comments:

  1. Great start - you are owning that this will be a challenge. Challenges can be very educational, no? Looking forward to following your reflections!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the part about the several edits, external reviewer, and passive sentences....that was so easy to relate with.
    will wait to hear more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been one to share my thoughts openly without a great deal of consideration. However, I am a strong believer in reflection, and its value as an educational tool. I hope that you learn as much about yourself as you do about different technologies by keeping this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you get an opportunity to think about the topic you want to talk about at the conference? May be seeing the effectiveness of real-time use of blogging as a medium of promoting active-learning?

    ReplyDelete